Monday, December 17, 2012

Tip #2: Front Pull-Over Tips (On gymnastics bars)

This is my second posted tip for gymnastics so far. I decided to make tips on a front pull-over, which, so far, is my personal favorite trick on the bars. A front pull-over is an intermediate skill which takes a lot of time and practice before a gymnast has enough strength to complete it. I hope you find my tips useful, and if you do, please COMMENT. I've said before and I'll say it again: If you have any professional experience in gymnastics, please comment. I could use some tips of my own.



Step 2
Front Support position
  • Start by gripping your bar. The bar should not be so high that you have to push up into a front support to firmly grasp it. It should be about as high as your chest.
  • Drop down and hang from the bar, but lift your feet up, so your body should make an L shape.
  • Swing, while remaining in the L shape, and you should be able to swing yourself hard enough to where your hips (remember to keep that L shape) land on the bar. Then, straighten yourself out. You should be ending in a front support position.
  • Congrats! If you did this the right way, you just completed your first front pullover! 

No comments:

Post a Comment